I do not think so! It is the first thing you will think when reading the title of this entry. It’s very clear, if I have no ideas … how will I get creative photos? It seems logical, right? Well, in this article I will show you that it is possible. Do you want to know the tricks?
First we must be clear about creativity, which according to the RAE dictionary is “the ability to create,” obvious. But creativity is something else, it’s turning things around, it’s getting an original, different result.
Do you know that we are all born with a torrent of creativity that we are putting out over the years? Children have an overflowing imagination capacity that we have gradually limited. At the end of the article I will give you more specific tricks, but your first step is to recover a part of that creativity. As?
HOW TO GET CREATIVE PHOTOS (WHEN YOU DO NOT HAVE IDEAS)
When you start in this world of photography, the first thing you do is learn how to use the camera and the techniques to achieve perfect images. If it’s what you did, it’s fine, don’t panic, but as long as you don’t get obsessed. Most of the time one focuses so much that the photo is perfect that leaves it empty. You control the light, the framing, the depth of field, and the rules of the composition… EVERYTHING!, but you look at the photo and it doesn’t tell you anything. It is boring or so uninteresting that you go crazy thinking about what you have failed. It’s very simple, you’ve forgotten the most important thing about an image: let it convey something!
Remember that the first enemy of our creativity is our ruthless criticism. Let your imagination fly and experience without fear that your photo does not go well, one of the greatest advantages of digital photography is that we can shoot as many times as we want without revealing, that is a luxury that you should not miss! Shoot as many times as necessary until you get that photo that surprises you, excites you or makes you smile.
This is not just a photographic advice, it goes much further. The only way to achieve great achievements in your life is to put passion in what you do. When you work with your heart, everything becomes different, it is transmitted in your creations, you enjoy what you do and it shows. Have fun, laugh, get excited about what you are doing and you will see everything from a much more human point of view. Your photos will reflect it
FIGHT AGAINST INACTIVITY
You may already know, but inactivity calls for inactivity and when you stop taking photos, the same thing happens when you stop playing sports, the desire disappears, and ideas stop flowing just as muscles atrophy. Never stop shooting (Stop Pretexts. Get out and take pictures).
That you can’t go outside because there is a Rottweiler threatening you at your door, do you have a child to take care of or is it raining heavily? Use the objects you have at home, combine them, give them a thousand laps, let your child fill with paint or disguise it and make him funny portraits while you both go to the movies, try taking pictures with water, take an object and give it all the crazy profits you can think of … Everything goes, the important thing is to stay active and let the ideas flow.
Of course, inspiration will not come to you sitting on the sofa in your house watching TV or staring at your camera as if you were in a duel of swords. Many times the “muses” surprise you in the most unexpected places, in the shower, in the middle of a work meeting, shopping, in the cinema, on the bus … and what a coincidence that in those moments you never have the camera at hand Or, of course, it is not the right time. A very simple trick is to always carry a small notebook with you and every time the muses visit you, write down everything that they cheat you for when the ideal moment is.
Another tip I can give you is to soak up the work of others, not to get tired of visiting photo galleries because they can be a great source of inspiration. It is not that you copy your work, but it is true that you can get very good ideas or even realize the mistakes you do not want to make or the style of photography that does not fit with you.
Taking a good walk or talking to strangers who tell you knew stories can also be very revealing. Create a “corner to dream”, choose a space where you can have the ideas you can think of, photos that have inspired you, and themes you want to photograph…
After these tips to improve creativity, I’m going to give you some more specific TRICKS with examples so they can help you.
TRICKS TO HAVE CREATIVITY AT THE TIME OF MAKING PHOTOS
Break the rules: the other day I left you 9 Tips and Tricks to Improve Your Photographic Composition, where I commented that sometimes the rules are to skip them. First you have to know them and then experiment by breaking these rules intentionally, if you do it this way, your photos they will be much more creative. This post can help you: The Art of Transgressing the Rules of Composition in Photography.
Change the views: Shoot from another point of view to which you are accustomed and you will see how the effect is very different.
Notice the big difference between the first and the second image. The girl seen from above gains much more strength and the photograph is more original.
Play with fun perspectives. You can use the sun, clouds … or play with distances between people to create fun effects.
Use the movement effect. Capture moving images, ask your models to jump or take photos of multiple subjects. Your photos will be more original.
Find the gestures and feelings of the people around you. Poses can be extremely boring and uninteresting. Let others behave as they are and observe those gestures that differentiate them, make them unique and arouse some emotion in the viewer.
Make lists of topics that interest you and every week dedicate yourself to look for images that fit in some way in it.
Choose one of your favorite songs and create images related to that theme that excites you so much.
Read this post: 5 Extremely SIMPLE Creative Photo Ideas
In portraits, use an object such as a hat, a cane, a fan or a colorful scarf with which the model can play. With children you can use a toy, a ball or soap bubbles. You can also let them get dirty with mud, paint or chocolate, then you will have to clean it, but the result will be worth it!
Today we will share 10 very useful photo tips that you probably did not know and that will surprise you.
- Position equal to height. In portrait photography it is always better to accommodate at the height of the subject. From the perspective, a tilted photo taken from above or from below is not good, it is better to climb on a chair or bend down to be able to take the photos at the height of the beard of the model.
- Use your dominant eye. Using your dominant eye to take pictures allows you to have a more creative view of the scene, this eye has a more direct connection with the brain than the opposite eye. This information comes directly to the right hemisphere of the brain, in other words, it is the eye to which your brain “pays more attention.” (If you want to know what your dominant eye is, enter here and discover what your dominant eye is)
- Enable the appropriate color temperature. If you store your photographs in RAW format, it doesn’t matter how you adjust the white balance, because these files are independent of the color temperature (you can choose the right one when you process your photos in Lightroom). However, if you shoot in JPEG it is essential that you choose the appropriate color temperature, otherwise, your photographs will have very bad tones that take time to correct in Lightroom.
- To take pictures of landscapes without the sky overexposed you can do the following:
Shoot at a slow speed, for example a second, use a DN filter, place your camera in the tripod and whether you use a piece of cardboard or your camera strap, place it on the lens blocking only the upper part of the horizon, shoot and approximately after 1/3 of the second remove the cardboard or belt, in this way the light coming from above will enter the sensor less time and give you a better exposure of the horizon up.
- Fog effect. Using a plastic bag placed on the lens of your camera creates a fog effect in your photographs, see all the steps in Learn to make the fog effect with a plastic bag!
- Flip the lens to achieve macro photographs. If you do not have the budget to buy a macro lens and you like this type of photography, with the same lens that comes with your camera flip it and place it on the camera, this will give you great magnifications and excellent optical quality. It is necessary to take into account that you will have to take the photographs in manual mode to be able to modify both the speed and the opening. It will be necessary that you have good lighting to facilitate the approach since you will have to do it manually.
- Zooming effect. Give dynamism to your photographs with this effect that is achieved with the variation of the focal length of the lens during the shutter, generating a kind of movement with converging lines that point to the center of the photograph, learn how to do it in Experiment with the effect zooming
- Use your cell phone as a light source. In very low light conditions you can use the flashlight or the screen of your cell phone to illuminate the object or the person, so that the autofocus works correctly. You illuminate the subject with your cell phone, focus, remove your cell phone and take the picture.
- Wear stockings to achieve a soft focus effect. This approach gives an effect as if the image were a dream, to achieve it all you need is a stocking, placing it on the lens, wrapping it completely and with a league securing the stocking to the lens, in this way you create as a kind of network that covers the lens. As the image is formed from the light that passes through the small gaps between the threads, it produces the effect of soft focus.
- Build a perfect powerful sun visor with a piece of black cardboard. Cut a strip long enough so that it can cover the entire circumference of the lens and so that it protrudes a few centimeters above the lens, now wrap around the front of the lens and with the adhesive tape stick one end of the strip so that it Attach to the lens.
If you want to print your photos agpgraphics is the best place